I hate my parents sometimes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my parents sometimes!

They spend 35k a year to send my brother to private school, and have for the past 7 years, because education is "soo important", yet we live in one of the best states for public schools, and the town with the 3rd best public school in the state, and we pay ridiculously high taxes. YET! They haven't saved any money for my grad school and didn't have enough to pay full tuition for me for four years and I had to go to a 4th tier university, when I got into much better ones. I HATE THEIR CHOICES, I don't mean to be a jelous sibling, but it really bothers me sometimes!! They also have 2 houses, which is VERY unnecessary! I wish they valued me more! I worked very hard to get into great schools, and I didn't have the same opportunities as people who didn't work nearly as hard for college.

Sometimes it is hard to understand why your parents are acting a certain way, especially if they haven't really explained to you their thoughts or feelings behind their actions. It may be possible that your parents aren’t intending to make you feel unvalued.

So, if you haven't already, you may want to try and see if you can set some time aside to talk with your parents about how you are feeling. Sometimes the best way to figure out why someone is acting a certain way, is to talk with them and share your feelings and ask a lot of questions. If you are able to set aside a time to talk to your parents, try to do it when you know they are focused. For example, you don't want to do it right when they comes home from work, because they may be drained from the day or not relaxed enough to focus. Once you are able to set aside a time to talk, just try to be as honest about your feelings as possible. It may help to write down what you want to say beforehand, or even act out how you would say it with a close friend. Hopefully, by sharing your feelings they may be able to see how their actions are affecting you, and maybe be able to explain their actions in a way that will make sense for both of you.

In the meantime, it is great to hear that you are working hard at school. Sometimes having a good circle of friends to turn to, can make these hard times easier to deal with. You may even want to ask your friends for some ideas, if you feel comfortable sharing with them about your home life.

If you want to talk more about this or anything else, please feel free to call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228, we are open 24/7, or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

I agree with you

It seems like my parents just dont care about me like they do with my brothers and sister. And the crazy part is that im the oldest

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X