I feel so depressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so depressed

I can't help but cry all the time about what's going on. After Thanskgiving I found out my parents are splitting up. They decided to tell me just now taht they haven't been getting along for so many years! I've kind of noticed but I didn't think it would lead to this. And then just yesterday I found out my dad's cousin wasn't with us for Thanksgiving because he's in rehab for heroin! I don't get it! He's so smart but he decided to do heroin! He's not spending Christmas with us either and he won't get out until February! I just feel so alone sometimes I mean why do I have to do deal with this during my teenage years? I just wish I knew about these things earlier so I'd be mostly used to it by now. Actually I'm not only depressed but angry at just everyone around me. My mom and dad told me if I had any questions that I could talk to them and I tried but it's just so hard and I end up crying before I can say anything and I hate it, I hate being so emotional! I just want to be happy and not feel like I'm stuck in between everything for once! Please help me how can deal with this!?

Okay so there are many changes around you and your parents divorce is a big one. Talk to your parents like they told you to and so what if you cry when you talk about it, you are sad and it's okay to be sad. Divorce is hard so it would benefit you to talk to a counselor about what you are feeling because he/she is detached to the situation. Counseling is a non-judgmental space where you can vent about anything that's on your mind. As far as your dad's cousin, addiction is real and it doesn't matter if you are smart you can still become an addict. It's a great thing to hear that he is getting help and in rehab so all you can do is be supportive of him making a commitment to try and get better!! Listen, whether you learned about these struggles in life now or earlier they are still things that can cause stress and there is no magic solution to get through it. Life is about the struggles that can make us stronger, so try to look outside of the situations and see that this all will pass. Like I said before, counseling would benefit you so talk to your parents about going to see someone, here is the number for NJ Mental Health Cares at 866-202-4357. If you need to vent or talk about anything call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or text us daily between 4-8PM. Have a Happy Holiday!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X