my mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mom

Recently my mom broke up with my step dad and got a new boyfriend. Ever since she started dating him she's been acting different. She doesn't cook family dinners nomore, she's goes out all the time, she spends all my childsupport money on cigarettes, and my step dad who's not even dating my mom is paying our rent, buying our clothes and getting food when my mom spends all her food stamps. My real dad is in a psych ward currently and I have no way to get in contact with him. Today is 10/5/15 and I had extreme pains in my stomach and she said ur fine ain't nothing wrong. So I curled in a ball in bed and dealt with the pain. Them I woke up at 8:30pm and my eye was bearly opening and it was bloodshot red and liquid was coming out and all she said was "put a cold rag on it. I don't know what you expect me to do. " after I asked her multiple times to take me to the hospital. I've also been sick for 2 1/2 weeks and missed school and she still hasn't taken me to the doctor or anything. All she cares about now is her new boyfriend. She's making my boyfriend and my stepdad pay for everything for me. Im 15, she should still be taking care of me right? But she's not. She always leaves me to watch my 3 siblings while she goes out with her boyfriend. Today she even spent my child support money on food for herself and packs of cigarettes. How are cigarettes helping take care of me? She's not paying for a roof over my head, my boyfriend and stepdad are. She not paying for my clothes, other people offer to take me out or give me their old clothes. And she spends her food stamps on food and it's all gone in a week so i have to starve until someone can get me food, besides school. I honestly think she has lost her mind somewhere down the road when she met this guy she's dating. Not to be mean to my mom I respect her Alot , but I think today is the last day I can stand living with her and she's not supporting me in anyway. What does anyone else think. Tell me your opinion. Thank you.

What you're going through is extremely difficult and I understand your concern. Have you tried discussing how you are feeling with you step dad? Is there something he could do right now, like take you to the doctor? You're right, your mom isn't taking care of you right now, and there are options on what you can do next, but I can't make them for you. If you are still feeling sick you may need to call 911 if your mom isn't willing to take you to a doctor. You can also contact DCP&P - Department of Child Protective Services http://www.state.nj.us/dcf/about/divisions/dcpp/ to report neglect this would then start a case with your family. However, if they find that your mom is not qualified to take care of you anymore they potentially could remove you from your mom's home so that's something that you want to be aware of. Are there any other family members that you could live with? Is there someone that can talk to your mom about her behavior? At 15 you should not have to have responsibility over 3 other siblings and yourself. If you have more questions or want to learn more about your options don't hesitate to contact 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM. Our number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X