I didn't see this coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see this coming

Omg!!!! I am freaking out!! Sorry im being annoying. I will text you sometime about this because you're my only help and im panicking soooo much. Itssss so awkward!!!!!!!!! Im having bad anxiety. What times are allowed to text? Ok...So I got my period 2 yrs ago. As u can assume, Im very shy about it and ashamed of it and I get veeeery uncomfortable when my parents know anything about it. .to the point were I cry, scratch, and not eat, lock myself in my room. My mom only knows, and that was last year_ eversince I dont mention anything about it..my dad doesn't know. So, in my athletics packet questions, it asks all sorts of period questions and whether I gotten it or not. I have to fill it out with the doctor, and my dad is taking me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which means there is a guy doctor, my brother and thr doctor will ask me about it in front of them and im supposed to answer honestly... and dad will listen...what would my dads reaction be when he knows I got my period 2 yrs ago and didnt say anything? No, i wont be mad, but he will be shocked and itll be awkward. Periods:// blood coming out of wierd place and everybody has to know about it and is made into a big freakin deal. Akwaaaaard!! Whhhhhhaaaat? Its been 2 yrs. And I cant lie about it because im 15 and my doctor will wonder why I didnt get it yet when I really did. Ive only got one day. Do u see the problem???? So im supposed to admit about my period in front of my dad... should I not do sports at all? My worries are so bad im thinking of canceling sports. And no I dont wanna bring it up at all to neither parents. Plzzz help me.

I can understand that you may feel embarrassed or awkward about talking to your parents about your period. However, it's a part of growing up, every woman will get their period during development. As weird as this sounds your dad probably knows that you have your period or is expecting you to get it soon, but understands your privacy and not necessarily wanting to discuss it with him. I have a feeling it will be less of a big deal than you are expecting, but it can feel awkward to discuss these things. As far as the doctor goes, periods are something that they often talk about with patients and being honest about them is important for health reasons. Feeling anxious is normal but if it is something that is consuming your life (making you not eat, considering giving up sports, etc.) then you may want to consider speaking to a professional. The beginning of your post asked when you could text...the 2NDFLOOR call center is open 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or you can text us daily 4-8PM at 908-280-0235. Don't hesitate to reach out if you want to talk more about this or any other issue you are having!

Comment

If I text u, is it the same person?

Comment

Hi there! When you text 2NDFLOOR you will get different people as there are different people who work different shifts. Everyone at the call center will always do there best to help you so don't hesitate to reach out at anytime. You can call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or you can text us daily 4-8 PM at 908-280-0235. Again, don't hesitate to reach out if you want to talk about any issue you are having!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X