Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the cause of all this? I need to backtrack.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the cause of all this? I need to backtrack.

hey there! I'm K and im 15. I want to give a little background before i ask for help. Uhhhh my dad passed when i was 5. He commited suicide and its been hard for me, but im recovering. My parents were NOT married. my mom was 17 when she had me. She is all i have now. Now, here comes where i need help. Since my dads death, she has been with 6+ guys, in which in some cases, I have turned out to have a strong disliking for, or started to actually hate those males. I told my mom some of the mean things they have said to me, and she left them. our one rule is that you cant have one of us without the other. So, they usually accepted. I'm starting to get frustrated with her dating because she either 1) does pay attention to me as much, 2) isnt as open with me as she usually is, or 3) the worst one, HAS SEX WITH THE GUY WHILE IM IN THE F***ING HOUSE!!! I get extremely pissed when she does that and I end up punching my walls and screaming. On like 2 or 3 occasions, I've caught her doing it in the middle of the day!!! I've walked in on her and then I leave, feeling really awkward. I've tried confronting her and she says, "We were just wrestling." OKay, so tell me, a 15 year old girl, that you were wrestling naked in the middle of the day when I'M HOME!!! Seriouly?! so now when I think about it, am I the cause of all of her failed realtionships? I never really liked her being with other guys beside my dad and I feel like she can't get married because of me being around... Is it me? what do I do? ugh :'( I need to look back and I need help. Please.

This is a tough situation to be in. Losing a parent is extremely difficult. Grieving is different for everyone. It is okay that you are having mixed feelings about your mom dating. It sounds like she has looked as the two of you as a team. She seems to genuinely care about your feelings with her relationships. It may be really helpful for you to talk to her about how you feel, and even ask her to not have sex while you are in the house. Tell her it makes you mad and uncomfortable. It is completely understandable to feel this way. You may even want to suggest family therapy for help with all of this. They may be able to help you and your mom find healthy solutions that work for both of you. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X