This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom's cheating on my dad

I found out my mom was cheating on my dad a year ago when I saw some messages on her phone. They are saying sexual things to each other and I was very depressed and mad. The worst thing is I know who the guy is. He is one of our family friends and I've known him forever and I'm friends with his daughter. He is also married. I've become so close to telling my mom, but I never know how to bring it up and I'm too scared to accept it. I feel like all she cares about is herself. It's disgusting and wrong! One time I was in the car with her and she admitted to cheating on her boyfriends in high school, so it's not like she hasn't done it before. I'm just really upset about this and I don't want to see her ever again because..... I have lost all of my respect for my mom. Someone please help me through this

That's got to be hard, holding this information in to yourself this whole year. That type of weight can make anyone uncomfortable and strain any relationships. There are several possible options to consider. One would be telling your mom that you know about the affair or even asking her about the texts you saw. While holding onto this secret from her, it may be difficult to have a true relationship with her. Another option might be to speak with an uninvolved, trusted adult like a religious leader or school personal. Someone who would keep your secret but allow you to get this issue off your chest. Whatever you decide to do, keep in mind adults are people too, who make mistakes and deserve the ability to atone for them. While you may feel bad for your father, hurt and betrayed, she is still your mother and most likely cares about you deeply. Sometimes we see things and think we know the story and may not be 100% correct. The only way to know positively what's going on is communication. It's really a difficult position to be in and good luck in dealing with it. Call us any time at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X