Parents want me gone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents want me gone

I feel so weird writing something on here. I am not one to ask for help. But I am so lost right now I have no idea where to turn. I'm not going to turn this into a sob story, because there is no point. It's the same "depressed mother and drug addict father" story every teen has ... However ... Tonight I was out a little late past curfew. I'm 17, I turn 18 next month. I told mom I was sleeping out so I wouldn't get in trouble for being out late. She told me she's done and she began packing my things. She told me I need to find somewhere to live because I am no longer welcomed in my home. My room is being taken apart as I type this. My grades, job, and social life are suffering. I don't know where to go or what to do...I moved out once before ... And it didn't work... There is no place like home. As much as I despise being there ... It's a place I can call mine. But I'm no longer wanted . And I haven't been for a while. I don't know how to handle this anymore, I'm losing faith. If anyone as any advice ... Please help me out ... I really am desperate at this point... Thank you all... Xx

I am really glad you were brave enough to write this post. Hopefully this is one step in making you more comfortable with asking for help. I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time at home right now. It definitely sounds like your mom reacted a bit harshly and is possibly taking some of her own troubles and worries out on you unfortunately. If you have any other close family members like grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. maybe you could work up the courage to ask them for help-even if it is just helping you talk with your mother about things. It may also be important to make a compromise with your mom and respect her rules while you are living under her roof and then plan some curfew changes once you turn 18. If you want to talk about this further you can always call us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. If you don't feel comfortable speaking with one of our phone counselors you can also text us on Fridays starting at 4pm at 908-280-0235. Best of luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X