Mom In Jail- Emancipation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom In Jail- Emancipation

My dad died, and my mom was just taken to jail and it looks like she'll be in there for a while. I've been staying at my aunts for the past three weeks with my moms knowledge because I am helping my aunt move. My aunt can fully support me, however we don't want dyfs involved. Can I get emancipated? I'm 15. Also wondering if I would be permitted my survivors benefits if I do become emancipated. Please help asap

Thank you for reaching out to 2ndFloor. Since this is potentially a legal issue we may not have all the answers that you need. I'm guessing that you are under 18 since you are looking to be emancipated, if so, the court system may at some point be involved. However, they may put you with your aunt if she proves that she can support you, if not emancipation would be the next step if you can support yourself. Here is a website that may help you get more answers that you might need. http://www.njchildsupport.org/Servic...ncipation.aspx or I would contact a lawyer for legal advice. If you want to talk more call 2ndFloor anytime at 888-222-2228 or you can text us on Fridays from 4pm-8pm at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X