Mom says to be a prostitute...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom says to be a prostitute...

My mother doesn't think I can make it as an artist. She always tells me to give up on that "fool's gold". She says that with the way my grades are, no school will want me anyways, so even if I didn't want to be an artist, I'd never get into a good art school. She tells me, "You'll never make it, so you might as well start prostituting now." She tells me that I dress like a whore every morning, when I wear jeans and shirts that cover up everything. I don't understand. What have I done wrong? Is it just me, or are mothers not supposed to tell their daughters to be prostitutes?

Thanks for taking the time to post on our Message Board! No, mothers are not supposed to tell their daughters to be prostitutes. Maybe your Mom is very stressed out or suffering from an illness and doesn't realize the magnitude of what she is saying. We can help! It is so important that you call us at 888-222-2228. We can help make sure your Mom gets the help and guidance she needs. You can also inform your school guidance counselor of this situation as they help with such situations many times each school year. I am sure you are a GREAT ARTIST! Keep up the good work. Cut out the negative thoughts and keep the positives. I'm sure your situation will get better but you need to reach out and let an adult know what is happening, OK? Have a wonderful evening!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X