Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues

okay, this is a long story. it starts ten years ago, when my uncle met my (now) aunt. they seemed perfect for each other. in 2008, they had a child. now, my aunt wants to divorce. it turns out, my uncle is $6,500 in debt. that money we think was used on alchohol. he finishes work at 5:00, but isn't coming home until 7:30. he goes to bars in between those two times. my aunt is obviously pissed because she also works and doesn't want to be alone constantly because then why be married? my mom (aka my uncle's sister) is very distraught by all this news. she loves my aunt and uncle. how do i help my mom and not be so upset myself?

I can understand how stressful and upsetting the situation can be. Unfortunately things like this happen in relationships and families pretty often. It may be beneficial for your mom to have a conversation with her brother. He may be going through some things as well that your family is unaware of. We also have to realize that a lot of things in life our out of our control. We can be there for the people we care about as much as we can, but they don't always want the help we provide. It's also very hard to know what goes on in a marriage, and there could be other things that have happened that are making your aunt no longer want to be together. Just by you being there for your mom could make a lot of difference. There isn't anything that anyone could have done to stop this from happening. However, now is the time to reach out to your uncle and give him the support and help that he needs to get better. If you want to talk more about this or anything else call 2ndFloor Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228 or text us Fridays 4-8pm at 908-280-0235

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X