I hate my dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my dad

My dad is so overprotective, in some good ways but mostly bad ways. He checks everything that I write to my friends and lets me have my phone only when he says so. Also he wants to take me out from swimming lessons just because I wasn't doing too good that day. He always wants me to be the perfect child and anything that I do he would just yell at, in front of my friends or to my teachers. He always yells at me and he said that he wants me to remember that when I grow up. He is the worst dad ever. If I get a B on my math test he would yell at me so much and probably break my phone in half. I tried talking to him but nothing helps.

It sounds like that's a tough situation! It does sound like your dad cares, but his approach is pushing you away and makes you feel bad. Maybe you can write him a note about how you feel about his behavior towards you, sometimes a letter works because it is less confrontational for both parties. Can you talk to your mom, siblings (if you have any)? Maybe a third party can help. Did you guys ever try family counseling, you could ask you guidance counselor for local numbers near you. I hope this has helped some. If you want to talk further, call 2NDFLOOR anytime to talk at 888-222-2228 or you can text Fridays at 908-280-0235 from 4-8pm.

Comment

I can't take it anymore

My dad is a total bastard. Honestly I can take it anymore. He is extremely rude, and is always talking smack in their language (twi) about me and my sister's. He has called us fat, stupid, and foolish. Not to mention he disapline way more, and finds it humorous. He says whatever he wants, whenever he wants and doesn't care who it affects. Sometimes he goes on and on and my mom would say behind my dads back "If you don't keep quiet...." But she doesn't mean harm. She is just really annoyed. We would tell him about it but me and my sisters are scared. PLZ help me. I have so much bottled emotions, and don't know how to vent them out.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that this has been happening. It sounds like your mom is on you and your sisters side which is at least a plus. Maybe since you and your sisters are scared to talk about this issue alone you can speak with your mom about it first and ask if she would help support the conversation. If your mom is unwilling to do this then maybe you can write your dad a letter about your feelings. I know it is hard to ignore his rudeness but it will be helpful if you try your best to do so- even if that means leaving the room when he starts on his rants. If you would like to talk about this further please call us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. You can also text us on Friday's from 4pm-8pm at 908-280-0235. Good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X