Legal Family Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Family Help

Okay, so my mom wants me out of the house, and to go live with my aunt. I'm okay with it and so is my aunt. My father is dead, and social security give s my mom money each month. My mom said she'll go change my portion of the check to my aunt's bank account when they both go on Monday to the social security office. Then next weekend I plan on moving in. But is this legal? I don't want my mom to still have custody, and she won't give her rights up, but she doesn't want me. Is it safe to peruse with this plan, or have my aunt fight against her in court to get custody because I'm not happy here and my mom wants me out. Please help.

I am so happy you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. It seems like you have been through a lot. It is good that you have your aunt who is supportive and will allow you to go live with her. You really need to contact social security office and ask them this questions. If you are moving in with her she should have guardianship of you to ensure your rights are protected. This is important regarding school and health issues. If you need to discuss this further, you can always contact 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. You can also text us on Friday nights from 4-8 PM @ 908-280-0235.

Comment

New Jersey kid as well.

I am a New Jersey kid too and im having similar problems with my mother... And in need of a home and I am pregnant my boyfriend posted a thread about my issues.. Called negligent mother.. Which is pretty sad. If you read it. Please get back to us on that these 2ndfloor.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X