How?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How?

I believe that I have many problems and have been through a lot. I do not know about my future. I have been in mental hospitals twice. I recognize that I need to continue to seek help.

Recently I have developed a way to keep my self feeling okay until I do receive the help that I think I need.

As a result of everything that I have been through, I realized that if everyone in this world had a better connection with each other, life and this world would be a bit easier.

I feel that it is really important to treat people with kindness and be positive towards others.

After everything that I have been through in my life, I think, that I should help people who went through I have. I especially think that I should help people with depression and issues similar since that is what I've been through.

I feel that every act and every person on the street matters. How can I best help people with depression,anxiety, suicidal thoughts? How can I best help people in this area of life?

Thank you

Change starts with the small acts of one person. It is wonderful that you want to help other people who may be going through a rough time. For many people simply knowing that they have someone to talk to can be the biggest help. There are many ways to help people in your community. Volunteering at a local nonprofit can be a great first step. If you are unsure of where to find non-profits you can check the following websites www.idealist.org or www.volunteermatch.org. Volunteer can help others but it can also provide benefits to those who volunteer.
    A good way to help people who may be feeling suicidal is to check out the National Suicide Prevention website at http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline...p/someone.aspx. Or call the NJ Hopeline at 1-855-654-6735 to get information about local resources.
    You are also welcome to call 2ndFloor at 888-222-2228 to explore other ways to get involved in your community. Counselors are available 24/7, 365 days a year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X