Should I tell?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I tell?

Hello, I have been having family problems ever since I can remember.

I just had a fight with my sister about her attitude. When she has an attitude I usually don't say anything. I'm the type of person that waits until things get serious before I do anything.

Today she asked me to clean the house and I did not because I was doing something at the moment. It's not like I did not care I was just doing something I thought was more important.(to me anyway)

When my sister came home she got upset when she saw that I did not clean the house yet. Instead of talking to me she just got an attitude. It wasn't long until we got into an argument. She acts disrespectful and has not regards for emotions. She made my mother upset too because of her attitude.

I was in a mental hospital twice so you would think that my family would be more caring with me. I am a sensitive gentle person. I don't like it when people see that and they don't care.

I admit,my mom is the same as my sister but my mom is more caring.

What should I do?

I have to live with them. If I tell my mom, I think she will kick my sister out. If I don't say anything then I think my sister will continue.

I am so happy you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. It seems like you have been through a lot. I hope you have supports in place to help you, such as a counselor. Have you tried to speak to your sister when she gets upset with you to let her know how you feel? If you have tried this and things still haven't changed maybe speak to you mother about your concerns. I'm sure if you do it in a calm manner, she will understand and not kick your sister out. Also, speaking to your counselor to learn some strategies in dealing with these situations could help. It is impossible to change people you can only change your reactions to them. If you need to discuss this further, you can always contact 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. You can also text us on Friday nights from 4-8 PM @ 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X