Trying to control my feelings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to control my feelings

So there's this guy I really like and he's funny and sweet. He knows I like him and he thinks I'm cute. Though he wants us to just stay friends. Fine by me, until my Mom interjects...She's telling me that not only should I not date him, but not to like him at all. That liking him is dangerous and stupid. Well first of all, he is the safest person I know, and second of all, Well i'm sorry that I can't control who I love and it's making her feel like her child is stupid. I find it quite offensive that she's trying to tell me who to like, who not to like, and to change my feelings just to please her. I know it's hard to see her daughter fall in love again, but she is disrespecting my emotions. That's something I stand for. Excuse me for loving someone. It's nature isn't it? Sorry, ranting now, but the point is she's trying to get me to change my feelings, just for her. That I can't feel what I naturally feel.

I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. Have you tried having a conversation with your mom about how you feel? Maybe explain to her that it is difficult to control your feelings about someone. Also, if you feel you can be his friend without getting hurt, then you should be. If it gets difficult hanging out with him because of your feelings, you would need to rethink the friendship at this time. If you feel the need to discuss this further please feel free to call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. You can also text us on Friday nights from 4-8 PM @ 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X