Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do now?

Hello

2ndfloor seems like a good place for advice. I have an issue, a "family issue". I have 3 cousins whom I met in 2010 for the first time since my dads death. A few years later I have not seen them at all(they have not tried to contact me at all!

They never try to contact me on Facebook. When I was talking to them on Facebook, it was I who had to start a conversation with them first. I think that they don't really care for me. I think they are just trying to put on a show for my sister and whoever else!.

Anyway, last Friday my sister went to see them for breakfast, I declined to go. The last time I went to see them, they were not too pleasant with me. One of them insulted me about my weight, the other cut me off when I was talking and the last one looked at me like I was something scary. I think my sister is just like them too because she does not act the way an ideal sister should be with a brother.

I'm not saying anything bad about my sister but it's just the way I feel. Anyway, after the way my cousins acted towards me, do you think I should see them again an give them a second chance? My sister told me that they want to see me but I do not want to see them!

Hello, thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR! Family relationships can be tough at times, but you need to make the best decision for you. You can try letting them know how they have made you feel and see if they understand. They may not see that they have your feelings, so it is always best to try and talk about things. You can also try doing the same thing with your sister and speak to her about your feelings. Talking about how you feel is a good coping mechanism, because it may in turn make you feel better. You can slowly build a better relationship with them and then maybe hangout with them again in the near future if that works better for you. It is really your choice to do whatever makes you feel best. You can also always give us a call at 2NDFLOOR we are here 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or text us Friday night's from 4PM-8PM @ 908-280-0235.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 08-24-2015, 06:35 AM.

Comment

help for my daughter

My daughter needs help long time,but she insist saying she is fine.A year ago I discovered she was hurting herself,I get on panic and we argue and I try to punch on her to show me or let me see what or why she was doing that,and she left the house and to her father who never was in charge .Im a single mother I take care my daughter and now she lose weighs about 20 pounds,she changed a lot I AM VERY SCARY TO LOSE MY DAUGHTER PLEASE HELP ME

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR concerning your daughter. Is it possible for you to sit down and talk to her without getting upset or angry with her? She probably needs a parent to be there for her and help her through this difficult time. You could also suggest that she seek therapy whether it be through her school counselor or outside therapy. You as her mother could also speak to the school counselor in hopes of finding a plan that can help your daughter. You could also give your daughter our number at 2NDFLOOR @888-222-2228.

Comment

My Dad

In September of 2014 my 59 year old dad was diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. His birthday was on December 12, when he turned 60 years old. He did not talk much that day. He just layed on the hospital bed that had been placed in the living room for his comfort. I had talked to him while he slept. Fat Old Sun, a song by Pink Floyd, played softly in the background. That was the last time that I saw my dad alive. Three days later, on December 15, my mom, who divorced my dad years ago and then got remarried in 2009, picked me up from the front door. I was usually picked up with the other car riders in the parking lot. I had had a fair day at school. When my mother and I got in the car, my step dad asked my mom if she wanted to tell me. I instantly knew what they were talking about. My dad was gone. Sometimes at night I cry myself to sleep wishing that in April when my dad had started to have stomach problems. I cry and repeat over and over again, "It was too soon. It wasn't his time to go." What do I do now? My dad was my best friend.

Comment

Thank you for reaching out to 2ndFloor. That is an incredibly difficult situation that you are going through. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. Loss is tough at any age especially when we lose someone who is relatively young. Someone that we don't feel we have had enough time with. Have you considered reaching out to a grief counselor? It might be a good way to help you process this situation and understand how you are feeling. A website that you may also find helpful is http://www.griefspeaks.com This website goes over many different areas of loss and grieving. We want you to know that we at 2ndFloor are here to talk to you more about this. You can call us anytime at 888-222-2228 or try texting us Fridays 4-8pm at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X