Mom's Attention

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's Attention

I feel like my mom gives more attention to my sister than to me. Like if we are both arguing, my mom will always take my sister's view of the situation than my side of the story. This then causes me to yell at her for not believing me and always bringing up the past, a repetition of how last argument went, and it always ends up with me being in my room and not talking to anyone. I will admit it, I have a jealous side for my mom's attention but when it's the same old stories I just lose it. I feel unloved by my mom. She tells us that she loves us all equally but I just don't believe her anymore. Sometimes when I feel like that I want to run away just. I feel that if I leave they'll be better off without me. I just don't know what to do anymore with this constant repeat of the same story over and over. And there's times that my mom and I do bond but they never last long. I just don't know what to do anymore.

So sibling rivalry is somewhat normal. It may seem that your mom sees things from one side, but remember she sees it from both of your sides. I am not saying that your feelings are not legit, but maybe you need to think about reacting to the situation differently. If you keep getting the same repetitious fight over and over, then try a different behavior next time. You can't control your sister's behavior but you can control your own. Its worth a try, next time you start to fight with her try a different approach. You can always write your mom a letter too and let her know your feelings, writing a note is less confrontational but an effective way to communicate. I hope this has helped, call 2NDFLOOR to talk at 888-222-2228 anytime.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X