My foster parents like to be controlling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My foster parents like to be controlling

My foster parents that adopted me treated me like one of there own till i was about 3 years old after that i was treated like a piece of property or a human pet. The reason i was treated this way was because my mental handicaps or disabilities start to show or develop and cause i wasnt "normal" my foster parents started to treat me like an outsider who should be grateful i was allowed to live in their home. As i got older my mental handicaps kept coming some examples of what i have are bi polar, adhd, depression, and others. Through out my childhood i was mentally, verbally, and psychically abused for example my foster father had a bad habit of breaking things my friends had gotten me such as video games and stuff like that but the way he broke my stuff was just beyond messed up for one the things of mine he broke he did not pay for but very good friends whom i had and loved did! I remember but when the game boy advanced was first released my friends mother had bought me a limited edition platinum game boy advanced well one day my father stormed into my room and grabbed the game boy from me and smashed it screen first into the corner of my nightstand i was devastated beyond all belief cause i treasured that system because it was a gift from a very good friend of mine. There were also incidents where my foster parents would hit me for no reason, they would put me down, and generally my foster mother would take me to my psychologist every time i had a melt down or tantrum and she would demand that the psychologist increase my medication making me so doped up on pills that i was like a mindless puppet. Now that im older and see that they both have controlling issues with me and not their children i feel as though because im related by blood they treat me differently in more ways then one. Im very smart and i have a very kind heart but the people who raised me have never shown me what it means to be apart of the family they claim they love me but i have yet to see this evidence or action. If anything these people have shown me what not to do to children or people i love cause if i were to be like them i wouldnt have any of my good friends by my side. In my opinion my friends who have stuck by me and have stayed in contact with me show me more compassion and kindness then the people who adopted me ever have! So in conclusion i would like if anyone can give me some advice on how to deal with my problems.

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now, and have led a stressful childhood. From the information that you have told me, I would reach out to your case worker. This environment does not seem like a healthy or stable one for you to be in. I am glad that you have experienced such compassion and kindness from others in your life besides your foster parents. However, at this point any abuse needs to be reported. If you need anymore help I urge you to call 2ndFloor Youth Helpline anytime. We are here 24/7 and we be happy to help you in any way that we can! 888-222-2228

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X