She's making me feel worthless...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's making me feel worthless...

My mom is making me feel worthless. She yells at me a lot and doesn't trust me at all. The other day I hung out with a friend who is a guy and she automatically thought we had sex or something.. This friend and I are just friends and that's it. It's really upsetting to me that she can't trust me.. I am aware of my safety and who I'm hanging out with. I recently moved to a new school. I made a lot of new friends who are amazing. I became much happier. In the past I would sit in my room instead of going outside because I didn't have any friends. She would always tell me to go hang out with someone. Now that I have people to hang out with she's all protective about it. She's met all my friends too and has said she liked them. I'm starting to think that was a lie.. she wants me to be happy but yet she brings me down. I don't know what to do anymore..

It sounds like you are going through a tough time with your mom right now. It can definitely feel draining, when you feel like your mom doesn't trust you, and you are trying to do everything to make her trust you. Sometimes it is also hard to understand why your mom or anyone may be acting a certain way, if they haven't really explained to you their thoughts or feelings behind their actions. It may be possible that your mom isn't intending to make you feel worthless, but may just be very concerned for your safety and want to ensure you are okay and making the best decisions. Unfortunately, this may not be easily understood from her actions.

So, if you haven't already, you may want to try and see if you can set some time aside to talk with your mom about how you are feeling. Sometimes the best way to figure out why someone is acting a certain way, is to talk with them and share your feelings and ask a lot of questions. If you are able to set aside a time to talk to your mom, try to do it when you know she will be focused. For example, you don't want to do it right when she comes home from work, because she may be drained from her day or not relaxed enough to focus. Once you are able to set aside a time to talk with her, it is best to just try to be as honest about your feelings as possible. It may help to write down what you want to say before hand, or even act out how you would say it with a close friend. Hopefully, by sharing your feelings she may be able to see how her actions are affecting you, and maybe be able to explain her actions in a way that will make sense for both of you.

In the meantime, it is great to hear that you are thriving at your new school despite your relationship with your mom. Sometimes having a good circle of friends to turn to, can make these hard times easier to deal with. You may even want to ask your friends for some ideas, if you feel comfortable sharing with them about your home life.

If you want to talk more about this or anything else, please feel free to call 2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228, we are open 24/7, and happy to help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X