help with parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with parents

First is my parents won't let me cut my hair short. I am a girl in my first year of high school, and my parents want me to wait for 4 more years to get my hair cut. They said they don't want to see me with short hair. But i have more pros than cons of getting my hair cut, but they don't care. The only thing they care about is their opinion. They won't let me voice mine. Whenever I bring up my hair, they always ignore me. But, I have been wanting to cut my hair for almost two years now, and I'm sick of waiting. I want to get my hair cut by next school year.

My second problem is they don't respect me. In addition to not letting me look how I want(hair, clothes, etc.), they also don't respect me in the sense of my sexuality. They make fun of my sexuality often. They also make fun of my best friend's sexuality. My parents know this bugs me majorly, yet they don't stop. They think it's all just a big joke, but in actuality, it's personal. They don't understand.

The first one is tricky, because even if you just went and got it cut on your own without their permission, it would be something that caused trouble in the house. It's too bad that they don't understand that hair can be an expression of who you are and not something that should be dictated by others. Have you tried compromising? Like maybe getting it cut shorter than they want it, but not as short as you want it? Maybe they see how it looks, you can try going even shorter.
    As for the second problem, no one deserves to be made fun of because of their sexuality. Knowing that it bothers you and continuing to make fun of it is also disrespectful. Make sure you keep firm boundaries about this topic. Don't joke with them about it at all, because that might send them mixed messages that it's ok. When they say something that hurts you, you can try telling them "that is the type of comment that is really hurtful to me and I wish you would just stop saying it."
    Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X