Where can she go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can she go?

My girlfriend's dad abandoned responsibility for her when she was little, and her mom killed herself when she was 11. Her younger sister was sent to rehab in North Carolina for an addiction she overcame awhile ago. Her grandmother has custody if her, but her grandmother beats her and abuses her physically and verbally. My gf is a risk to herself when she is upset sometimes, which is very often. But she lives an hour away from me so I can't be physically there. Her grandmother threatened Dyphys, but my gf doesn't want that because she says that's how her sister ended up in North Carolina. She's 16 and she has no money and it's cold outside, so she can't run away. What do I do?

Encourage your friend to talk to someone about what she is going through. There are options out there if people are being abused. DCP&P is an option because that is the agency that investigates abuse in NJ. Their number is (877) NJ-ABUSE. Calling DCP&P does not mean she will be removed from the home either. They will come out and perform an investigation and act accordingly to what they feel she needs...and it's not just removal from the home. In the case of abuse, anyone that she talks to will have to report it to DCP&P. If she is being hit and reports this to a teacher, they would have to call on her behalf if she didn't call herself. Try not to have a negative opinion about it, their job is helping kids that are abused...not simply removing them from their homes. You can also tell her to call us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X