Unwanted & Unloved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted & Unloved

So my dad is the nicest person around people, I've lived with him since I was 8 because my mom got into a very serious life threatening car accident, but whenever it's just me and him, im being emotionally abused. it's not as bad as some others, but it is something serious when Ive been crying over it at least 3 times a week. Today, he told me " You haven't seen anything yet, I'm going to show you how nasty life can get " Also, I used to cut myself last winter, they weren't deep, but they left scars that haven't gone away. I want to relapse. I've been thinking about it but haven't gotten the courage to do so. I try so so hard to tell my dad how I feel, but every single time, I get yelled at. I've even tried reaching out to my grandmother, who doesn't understand and does nothing but side with him. I don't know what to do anymore honestly. He doesn't try at the least bit to solve any problems. Please answer as soon as possible.

We are truly sorry for the pain you are going through right now. You are very brave to reach out for help. First and foremost, you are not alone. Others, struggling through difficult circumstances have also resorted to self-injury for relief. However, self-injury is never the answer. There are other ways to receive help that are closer than you would think. You could share your experiences with a guidance counselor in your school, or a teacher that you trust. They could connect you with family resources that could help both you and your father. Perhaps, his behavior is his way of coping with the aftermath of your mother’s accident. His meanness toward you probably has nothing to do with you directly. Your guidance counselor or school social worker could also refer you to a counselor, or teen support group, where you could share your experiences with others recovering from self-injury, and share tools to deal with difficult situations like those you are going through. Some other resources you may want to check out are: http://www.selfinjury.com/ (1-800-DONTCUT), and of course you can always call us at 2NDFLOOR (1- 888-222-2228). We’d be happy to speak to you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X