Sister talks to herself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister talks to herself?

So my 12-yr-old sister a few months ago started to talk to herself I no longer talk to her anymore and my siblings have each other, so she would always be alone. It started as like the normal stuff like "Crap, I got math homework" or "Wait..oops" kind of thing. I brushed it off at first..Then came September. September she would have full length conversations with no one but she would mutter those words under her breath so you couldn't really hear what she would say.

My dad was sleeping on the floor of my sister(s) room. My dad was sleeping and then awoke to my sister talking to herself. He said that she was talking, suddenly she got anger in her tone..then she started to sound sad and heard a couple of sniffs from possible tears. My dad consulted me, my brother, and my brother's girlfriend about this. We were sure to keep an ear and an eye out for what she say. That month we could never make out what she'd say under the breath.

October. This month. The absolute worse. Today. We had dinner (Just me her my brother and his gf) she was in the kitchen. In the corner talking to herself (came to be a habit, didn't us). I was talking then my brother jet out the room and into the kitchen and outside.

A few mins ago I asked him why he left when I was talking to him. This is no joke pertaining to what he said next..He said "She was talking to her self again, but after she asked herself question a raspy male voice responded back to her, and it wasn't her faking it.

That sounds like she's scaring you all a bit with her behavior. It's not unusual for younger people to have conversations with themselves, or even to use different voices. The first thing you might want to consider trying is talking with her about it. Ask her about it, why she's doing it and specific events. For example, "Dad thought he heard you talking and crying in bed last night...is everything alright?" or "(Your brother's name) thought he heard you talking in a different voice, was that you and why were you doing that?" The important thing is to try not to sound judgmental, because then she won't tell you anything. Let her know she can talk to you guys about what she's going through. If you feel it's more serious than that, maybe your dad might want to consider talking her for some mental health help in your area. Not that there is anything wrong with her, but just to give her an outlet to discuss whatever it is that is causing her to talk to herself. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X