Family drama.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family drama.

So I have a great relationship with my aunt. And I love her to death but my mom literally hates her, for what she has not even given me a good reason to hate her. It's getting to me because I reached out to my aunt and now the whole house is under such stress because they're basically all mad at me saying if I talk to her that they're cutting me off... I don't know what to do, I almost hurt myself really badly today because I was so stressed out and angry that there was nothing I could do to change their minds. Can I call and expalin this situation more and will everything I say be confidential ?

So it sounds like you are under a lot of stress, but it is never the right choice to hurt yourself so we are glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. Of course you can always call us at the helpline we are available 24-7 everyday. Everything you say is confidential and anonymous unless you tell us that you are going to harm yourself or someone is harming you. So give us a call!

Is it possible that your mom just doesn’t know how you are truly feeling? Perhaps if you tried to explain to her how you feel about the situation then she might even tell you more about what happened between her and your aunt. You can also try writing your mom a letter to express how you really are feeling. She may just not fully understand how this conflict with her and her sister is affecting you. Just try to be honest and open minded when you talk to your mom. Remember there are 2 sides to a story and your mom is obviously hurt so listen to her side before you act. I hope this helped. Check out the website www.selfinjury.com for information as well and call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X