separation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• separation

I dont remember a time when my parents were happy together, the only reminder of those times are pictures. My mom struggles with depression and anxiety and is constantly telling me that im the only one she has. Because of this she confides in me. And im okay with that, I know im her best friend. We have a bond that no one could ever break. But a few months ago she told me she wanted to separate from my dad. She said she still loves him but she isnt in love with him. Of course here we are 5 months later and nothing has changed. Tonight we were talking and she brought up the same subject. She always says that its not fair to me that she talkes to me about stuff like this but she has no one else. I told her that it doesn't bother me but it bothers me that she tells me these things and doesn't do anything to slove the problem or help herself. I told her that she needs to make a decision because we can't keep having a conversation every few months about her wanting a divorce. I don't want my parents to split up but I do at the same time. Im scared for my dad. Hes a big mush. Where would he go? How would he cope with it? Would he sleep around? Would he drink? And im scared that he will be mad at me for knowing that my mom was about to ask him to separate and I didn't warn him. Im just scared and upset and I don't know what to expect.

It sounds like you and your family are really going through a lot right now. Maybe you can suggest some couples counseling or family therapy for you and your family to discuss some of these major issues with a professional who can offer some formal support. Please call us to further discuss your feelings at 1-888-222-2228. We are available 24 hours/7 days every week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X