stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stress

i'm not suicidal. but often I find myself in really stressful situations, especially regarding my at-home life, that leads me to become stressed. My mom has been yelling at me often in the morning before school to get my grades up. I've been staying within the A-range in school, which to me is pretty good. The final straw, which led me to get sent to the counselors (and subsequently find this site) was the fact that in the group projects I've been working on, I've been doing all the work/carrying the group. I've talked to multiple people about my academic stress but no one takes me seriously. Honestly, I would consider myself a high-achieving student so there is nothing more I can do academically that would help my current predicament. I cried today, in front of my mom, and she keeps saying that I'm being a brat. I've tried talking to my friends, but I feel like they don't listen to me or let me vent (though I don't blame them). Is there anything I could do to improve my mental state and make everyone around me happier?

I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor for support. It does sound like you are under a lot of stress and your mom puts more pressure on you. Are you able to speak to her about how you feel? You are in the A-range and that's great! It is good that you spoke to your counselor about the group project issue so hopefully she will be able to discuss it with your teacher. It also would most likely benefit you to get some counseling too. Stress can be a difficult thing to overcome by yourself. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to 2ndfloor by text or phone. Our number is 888-222-2228. Good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X