Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mother and her negative influence on me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother and her negative influence on me.

2nd Floor, how do I get away from the negativity that my mother has been giving me? Because she's constantly belittling me, saying I won't achieve in life if I get a boyfriend (I already do) and get engaged to him, and pursue my dreams of becoming a baker like my boyfriend. How do I get away from all of this? It's taking a huge toll on me. Please give me some advice.

Glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. Sometimes it can be really hard to draw boundaries with parents. It’s a start though to try and set some with her regardless if she respects it or not. At least you have them. It also sounds like maybe it could help if you thought about what needs to be shared with mom vs what doesn't, especially since she is belittling you and your dreams. since you cannot control what she does, that might also mean letting go of the expectations of her accepting what you want but that doesn’t mean you can’t continue to pursue your goals. I get it’s going to be challenging and it’s hurtful how’s she’s acting but sometimes people even family have to have distance. I hope this helps you. Text or call 2NDFLOOR anytime we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X