I don't know what to name this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to name this

Basically, I and a long-time friend ended updating, and then it ended abruptly because for some stupid reason I didn't listen to my friend and accidentally blocked him and forgot to undo it. We broke up but I decided not to be sad about it and try to empower myself. Now my best friend is dating him (with my blessing) and I can't help but missing him because he was the best boyfriend ever. He was also my most serious relationship. I thought I was over him which is why I gave my blessing. I didn't miss him at first and I don't think I would if my best friend keeps making me the third wheel because unlike me she's not allowed to date. This makes them really awkward and she calls me to save which I didn't mind at first but then it just kept happening. She doesn't really date and I have dated more so she comes to me for advice which is okay but she makes me feel like I'm apart of her relationship but when I'm like so what've you been talking about she's so secretive and gets defensive when I take her phone but she takes mine all the time and when I try to get it back it feels like she always thinks it's okay for her to invade my privacy but it's the worst thing for me to do the same. I don't mind as long as it's equal and so we swore to each other we would be transparent with one another and it's been working so far but there are times when she is still secretive. Do you think we took the right approach and am I just overthinking things like I usually do??????????????

It sounds like you just thought you were a little more over him than you actually were. You are allowed to change your mind in decisions you previously made with your friends. So if you are now not comfortable hanging out with your friend and your ex, you can tell them that and stop doing it. You are also allowed to change your mind about allowing your friend go through your phone if you feel like your not being treated equally. You can also discuss it first and tell her how you are feeling and see what her reason for doing that might be. If it is causing you strife in your friendship, it might be something you want to stop doing. You can call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X