Totally Embarrassing!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Embarrassing!

So I've been dating this boy on May 29 and things are starting off good. But people at school keep embarrassing us saying stuff like, " Kiss him already!" "Hey look, here comes your boyfriend." "Hi Mrs.Lopez." It's just really embarrassing to be with my boyfriend around people at school. For example, whenever I hug him I hear people say, " Awwwwww! Look how cute they are!" And when my boyfriend hugged me, I hear his friends say," I see you with your girl, boy. Get that!" I feel uncomfortable whenever I'm with my boyfriend, even though I love him and would like to spend time with him, I just wish that people wouldn't embarrass us. For once, I want to be alone with my boyfriend but no matter where we go, people would be there and see us. What should I do?

I can understand why you keep feeling embarrassed. Relationships can be more difficult when you are young because you will be around others more often than being alone together. So this is something you will just get used to as time goes on. Since you guys just started dating a few days ago, not only is the relationship new to you both but it is also new to your friends and others at school so that might be why this is happening right now. It is possible that in a few more days people will "be over it" and move on to the next "hot new topic" in school. If they continue to make comments and since you can't control what others are going to say, you might want to try to show that it doesn't bother you and just ignore them (both with no eye contact and no words). If you think that this will be really hard for you to do then maybe stop showing affection with your boyfriend in school (like hugging or holding hands in the hallway). This may stop the reactions out of people. Summer is almost here and there are only a few more weeks left of school! So if you can try one or more of these strategies until then...hopefully it will help! Thank you for your post and good luck! Remember to call the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 1-888-222-2228 if you need more advice!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X