Prom? Awks....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prom? Awks....

I asked this girl to prom, and she said yes, but like our relationship is kind of like acquaintances and we usually dont get to see eachother in school much or talk for that matter, but we txt and snapchat a lot. But she just got a boyfriend recently and... well... im in a predicament. My parents honestly see me as a loser who has no balls and yatta yatta ya. So.... i dont know what to do exactly. i dont want to go to the prom with her if she wont really enjoy it, i mean if she wants to go with her boyfriend im ok with it but the thing is she hasnt told.. me? so like... do i just go up to her and ask to talk, because these prom bids are like $80 each... and like im just a 17 year old kid and i dont want my parents paying for something thats like.... not really real.? anyway would i ask her if she actually wants to go with me still or go with her bf and tell her im totally fine with that. But i dont want her to feel like she has to go with me cause i did so much to ask her to the prom... >.< honestly .... sh*t like this happens but like my reputation as a guy is just garbage.... i havent been in a relationship and on top of that im really shy.... I try to be outgoing but i end up sounding like the most insecure mumble jumbo dummy. Plus i really kinda wanted to go to the Prom with her as friends but now all i think about is that she's taken by some other dude and then i feel like im crossing borders and stuff..... In other words i guess you can say my life is a big mess right now... lol

It takes alot of guts to ask someone to prom! The fact that you were able to do so, and that your friend said yes is an awesome start! Deciding who to bring to prom is definitely not a small decision, when there is so much planning and of course the cost of the tickets involved. That being said, it is understandable to be upset and feel conflicted when the person you have decided to bring now has a boyfriend. The fact that you are concerned that she may want to go with her boyfriend, and that you dont want to prevent that from happening, shows that you are a very caring person and friend. In addition, you definitely have the right to ask your friend if they have changed their mind about going to prom with you, when there is the cost of tickets involved. So there is nothing wrong with talking to your friend about it. If you dont talk to her much in person, it is okay to ask the question through text. The way you phrased it in your post is okay as well. This way you give her an opportunity to provide you an answer, and you let her know how you feel on the subject. Keep in mind though, that just because she has a boyfriend, it is possible that maybe she just wants to go to prom with a friend, to just have a good time. So it is possible she may still say yes. It is not an easy question to ask either way, but you can try to bring up the topic of prom and her boyfriend, and then ask something as simple as "so i know you said you'd go with me to prom, but now that you have a boyfriend I understand if you would like to go with him. Just let me know". You mentioned that you would be cool with the situation if she decided not to go with you, so feel free to mention that as well. You can also feel free to roleplay out different scenerios that you would say to her with a counselor at 2NDFLOOR if you would like to call us at 1-888-222-2228. We are open 24/7 and would love to talk about any issue you may be having!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X