Parents.. Boyfriend.. Grades.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents.. Boyfriend.. Grades.

So I've been dating this guy for 8 1/2 months now. Our families are good friends and I've known him since I was little. Anyways, I've been trying really hard in school- I don't do well even though I study. I recently have been doing bad in math which makes me then study for only math because my average is so low. My parents are supporting me with math though, they got me a tutor. When I study for only math to try to boost my average back up, I forget about all my other classes and only study for math which makes my other grades slip. I recently got a 65 on a history quiz but my average is an 89. I know that a 65 is a bad grade but I did study, maybe not as much as I had to or should have but I did study. I was too caught up with studying for math. My parents believe that my grades are bad when my averages are A's and some B's and B-'s besides math. When I told my mom about the 65 she said that they will not allow me to have a social life or even have a boyfriend. She's threatening me by saying she will personally call my boyfriend's mom and tell her we need to break up until my grades are good. My mom is telling me I don't study and don't put in effort, but she's almost always at work during the day when I do actually study and she doesn't see how much I really study. She has been threatening me also that they will put an end to my social life including hanging out with my boyfriend and hanging out with my friends. I have explained to her and my dad numerous times that I do study and do try but the classes are really hard and I'm struggling in general. We constantly have this fight that my grades need to go up and they do but I'll get a bad grade here and there. And whenever I try to tell my parents this, they start to yell and then I end up crying which makes it hard to get my point across but they also don't listen to me which I 100% can't get my point across then. I don't know what to do.. what should I do?

It sounds like your mom is tough on you. Maybe you could talk to guidance and bring your mom in to chat about your grades or other stuff that is on your mind. Sometimes its good to have a objective party like guidance to try and mediate the conversation, also maybe your mom will understand more about your school load. Think it could really help trying that! Try writing your parents a note, you mentioned you get upset and cry when discussing things with them so write it out instead and hand it to them....it is less confrontational. Hang in there and keep doing your best! I hope that you really think about talking to guidance and if you need to talk more about this or anything please text or call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Hi my boyfriend broke up with me and I don't know what to do.

Comment

I am sorry your boyfriend broke up with you but I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR for help. I am not sure of the relationship that you had with your boyfriend and why he broke up with you but I could suggest that you let yourself feel sad about this. It is perfectly normal if you do feel upset about the break-up especially if you really cared about him. You could also try to keep yourself very busy...do things that you enjoy, reach out to your friends for support or just to hang out. It might make you feel better. If you feel the need please reach out o 2NDFLOOR for additional support. We are also available by text or phone, 24/7 @ 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X