Dating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating

Ive been dating this guy for two months but i also have been starving purging and cutting. Recently he told me he wanted a break so i could get better. It really hurt me I cried a lot and cut a lot. He thought that he was the reason i cut. He told me he couldnt handle the starving and i said no you just cant date a cutter and anorexic. The next day he said sorry n he wanted me to take him back. I could tell he was sorry and knew he messed up. Now i dont know what to do cuz im only gunna get worse and what if he does it again, but i love him and i miss him so much and i dont know what to do

It’s great that you reached out to 2NDFLOOR to talk about your feelings. Have you ever thought of seeking counseling? It’s a good idea to try and reach out to professionals for help about your health. Self-harm is really dangerous, physically and emotionally. Maybe you can speak with your parents or a guidance counselor and see what options are available to you. They can help you locate resources too. As far as your boyfriend, it sounds like he may be unsure about what to do for you and that is understandable. It sounds like he cares and that’s a good person to have in your life, but remember he is not the determining factor for stopping your self-harming behaviors. Try to reach out for help and then focus on your relationship. You have to take care of yourself before you can even think of caring about someone else at this point.
    I have a couple resources for you; here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares (866) 202- 4357. You can call and they can direct you to mental health professionals that are right for you. The National Eating Disorder Association’s number is (800) 931-2237 or their website is @ www.nationaleatingdisorders.org. You can find support to help your purging. There are resources and online blogs.

Most importantly, deciding to stop self-injury is a very personal decision. Remember, don't be discouraged or ashamed about this. Take steps to recognize and change your behavior. Here are some resources online to check out, such as www.selfinjury.com or www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org, please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help! We are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X