Depression Breakup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression Breakup

I have depression. I self harm, and cry myself to sleep every night. I told my bf about my depression and he was so supportive. Then a few weeks later he broke up with me. I'm heartbroken. He said he's still here for me and he wants to help, but since the. Breakup it's been so much worse. now he hasn't talked to me or texted in a few days and I miss him sooo much. I want to move on, but I still like him and I really want him back. I'm devastated

I am really sorry to hear this. Breakups are hard and sometimes all you can do is give it time to get over them. You have to keep yourself as busy as possible with other things that make you happy (interests, activities, family, friends, school). Although you are very focused on how much you miss him and want him back I think it is important that you try and put more focus on helping your depression and self harm. You say you are devastated now, but even before the break up you were crying yourself to sleep every night. So there seems to be a more important problem that needs help right now and that is with taking care of yourself. It is really important to reach out for help and support- talk to your family, go to counseling/therapy. If you are still in school go to your school counselor/school psychologist. Please call us here at 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228. We are available 24/7. Here are a few websites you can check out for support, resources, treatment programs, etc. Teen Self Injury- www.selfinjury.com 800-366-8288, Self Mutilators Anonymous- www.selfmutilatoranonymous.org, Self-Injury- www.selfharm.net. Please reach out and take care.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X