Disowned Girlfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disowned Girlfriend

As a lesbian living in a rather welcoming family, coming out was sort of easier than most. However, for the one I am with, her religion would lead her parents to disown and beat her if they ever found out. She recently found out that my family knows she's gay (but they'd don't know we're together, though I suspect it). Once I told her this, she immediately stopped texting me and said "gtg enough for tonight" which is extremely uncharacteristic. What should I do? She is not answering my texts.

Sorry you are going through this but I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. Your girlfriend is probably extremely nervous because she is not sure what to expect from her family.She probably needs some time to sort things out and see how her family reacts. I know this has to be difficult for you but you need to let her have her space at this point. Maybe call her to let her know. Who knows maybe someone in her family took her phone and is checking text messages, so she probably wants to be careful. You are very lucky that you're family is very accepting but as you know all families are not like this. Here are a few resources in case you would like to use or pass along to your girlfriend when the time is right. www.thetrevorproject.org and www.hitops.org. Please reach out to 2ndfloor if you have any more questions. You can reach out by message board, text or phone. Our number is 888-222-2228 and we are available 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X