I don't know what to do. :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do. :(

I am a guy. My friend, whom I've fallen in love with, is in what appears to be an abusive relationship. He trends to act like he's in charge of everything that she does, and he's very controlling. They've been together for a year now.
    Somewhat recently, about a month ago, I was hanging out with her, and I had to tell her how I felt about her. She seemed to have mutual feelings, and we cuddled a lot. We've hung out a few times since then, and we have kissed and things like that. I expected her to break up with her boyfriend, but she hasn't yet... And I feel like it may have to do with the fact that it's abusive. The other day, he also made her have sex with him. To hear about that was very painful. And he keeps trying to do it again... and for some reason, even though she doesn't want to do it, she seems to think it's her duty to him. but I keep telling her that it isn't, and that it is completely her choice. But she still doesn't want to break up with him, even though she loves me. I don't know how much longer I can take it, and I've thought about telling him what her and I have been doing, in hopes of ending it, but I fear that would create a big problem for her. What should I do?
    P.S. I apologize for this being so unorganized.

This is a tough situation to be in. First, it may be helpful to talk to her about why she isn't ending the relationship. Is it because she doesn't want to? Or is she afraid to end her relationship with him? It seems like you are being a really good friend to her and trying to help her. It may be helpful to voice your concerns about her relationship with him and encourage her to break- up with him if she feels pressured and/or intimidated by him, as these are features of an unhealthy relationship. You may even want to encourage her to talk to an adult for help, like a teacher, guidance counselor, or her parents, or you can even go with her to talk to someone. Also, do some research with her about unhealthy and abusive relationships, as it may be helpful for her. Some helpful websites are www.breakthecycle.org and www.loveisrespect.org. You can also suggest that she (or both of you together) call 2NDFLOOR for help at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X