how should I handle this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how should I handle this?

I used to have a huge crush on this one girl, but since 3 months ago havent liked her like that anymore. I never told her that I stopped and now heres the problem. Since I used to like her she now likes me and automatically thinks were in a relationship. I would have told her I dont like her anymore but about two months ago she opened up to me and said that she hates herself would die without me other things like that. If I told her I wouldve felt and seemed like a jerk. Normally I would just let things play themselves out but the thing is, is that around 2 months ago a girl new moved in down the street from me and turned out to be in my class, She is basically my ideal girl and were really good friends shes hinted that she wants to be more than friends and I do too. We would be by now but I dont know how to tell the original girl Ive moved on. I know all of this makes me seem like a jerk but Im not Im just a teenager who is lost and just wants to be happy. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Well, it sounds like that girl is putting a lot of pressure on you! It is unhealthy for anyone to be dependent upon another person and feel like she would "die" without you. I would encourage you to suggest to her that she talks to a counselor and help her improve her self-esteem and become more self-reliant. You could even tell her to call 2ND Floor! In regards to your feelings and your relationships, it is important to be honest to both girls and yourself. If you do not like the girl, don't lead her on, it will hurt everyone more in the end. Please feel free to give us a call anytime at 1-888-222-2228

Comment

RE: how should I handle this?

I suggest you talk to the girl. Tell her how you really feel, be honest. It may be tough, but it is worth it in the long run! Also, try to help this girl out with her self-esteem. Suggest therapy or make her feel better about herself, without making it sound like "flirting," you know? And best of luck to you with the new girl!

If you need someone to talk to please call and speak to one of our Support Counselors at (888) 222-2228.

Comment

Thank you

Zinni thank you so much I folowed your advice and now everything is great the oriinal girl has found someone else and is happy and im now with the new girl! I really appreciate this!!!! Things really couldn't be any better now.

Comment

No problem!!!

I'm so glad to hear things worked out!! Congrats, Colin! If you ever need more advice, I'm usually on here helping out others!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X