Unsure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure

I'm a 17 year old female and I've dated this girl off and on for 2 years and the last time I told her to give me time to deal with some of my problems. The first time we dated I found out that she had a boyfriend the entire time, and she said terrible things about me that brought out my insecurities even more... It took awhile but we dated again and broke up right after.. The next time we both had boyfriends and we hooked up anyway. I told my bf and we decided it would be best to break up since I'll never get over her. Recently he ex bf got her pregnant and she had a miscarriage. It hit her hard and I helped her though it all when no one else would. Her and I both still have major personal issues and her dad doesn't trust me and my mom doesn't trust her...But we love each other and she asked me out again and looking at our back history I'm not sure if I should say yes or no... Help!

It sounds like you and this girl have quite a history! It seems like you both really care for eachother since you have kept in contact over the past two years, and that you helped her through hard times when no one else would. It sounds like you are a very caring person, and that she is lucky to call you a friend right now. However, due to your on again, off again, dating pattern it makes sense that there may be some trust and insecurity issues between the two of you. Sometimes these type of issues can allow you to want to hold on to something and continue making it work, or just to walk away. Neither choice is bad, as long as both of you understand what you are getting into.

It sounds like you still have some feelings for her, so if you think there is some possiblity that you may want to date her again, the best thing to do at this point is to communicate with one another about your feelings. Before deciding to date again, maybe set up a time where you can sit and talk openly about your concerns and expectations before hand. Odds are she probably has some doubts and concerns too. This way you can both decide if you want to give this another shot, or if it is time to move on. Sometimes it also does help to talk this over with friends or family that you trust, so you can get an opinion from someone outside of the situation, but that still knows you well.

I hope this helps! If you want to talk more or about anything else, feel free to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X