This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex

Last night my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex; he pulled out every so often to check if he had precum, which he didn't and he 100% pulled out in time before he ejaculated. However; he peed right before he had sex so shouldn't have have killed any sperm if there was any in there? What are the chances that I'm pregnant?? Please don't preach to me about unprotected sex, I know it was really stupid and I won't do it again.

Thanks for taking the time to visit the discussion forums and for sharing your concerns about unprotected sex with your boyfriend. The chances of your becoming pregnant are still very difficult to estimate because there are so many variables, even when taking into account coitus interruptus/pulling out and your partner urinating prior to his ejaculation, (even if it occurred entirely after he withdrew).

While unfortunately offering you some odds is not an option, you do have options--lots of them. There are many good resources available for you that cover the spectrum from websites and hotlines, to women’s advocacy and medical services. Some of your options are no-rush and you can take lots of time to consider them. Other options require you to make very serious decisions in a timely fashion. Because some of these decisions are life-changing and stressful, it might be helpful to find someone to offer you support.

If a pregnancy does occur, have you decided whether or not you wish to take it to full term?

The definitive method to confirm a pregnancy is a blood test, which is far more accurate than over-the-counter pregnancy tests. If you have access to a family doctor, he or she can order this test for you. If you do not have access to a physician, you could consider calling another good resource, Birthright International, www.birthright.com, 800-550-4900. They offer many services both for pregnant women and women who are concerned about becoming pregnant--including free pregnancy tests. They are judgment-free and offer support for women without discrimination for age, ethnicity, etc.

Also, there is an online chat feature at the Planned Parenthood web site, www.plannedparenthood.org, where you can chat about having unprotected sex and other topics. They also have a toll-free number, (800) 230-PLAN.

If you do not wish to become pregnant and want to take action to prevent a possible pregnancy, one resource you might consider is the Emergency Contraception Hotline, 1-888-NOT-2-LATE and www.not-2-late.com. You can get information about how and where to get emergency contraceptive pills, e.g. Plan-B. If you think this is something you might be interested in, please note that this is very time-sensitive.

All of these resources aside, if you would like someone just to talk to, you can call us anytime, day or night. Someone is available that you can talk to 24/7. Anonymous, confidential, and judgment-free. 1-888-222-2228

Some of the days ahead may be really stressful. There may be a ton of things on your mind. You don’t have to go this route alone.

Please post a follow-up or call us if we can help you find any more information or offer you support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X