Tired of being used

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of being used

Please reply soon. I really can't take this anymore. Long story short, I really like my best friend. It's not even "like"... It feels like more than "like." Love, actually. And he knows that. He told me that he feels the same way, but doesn't want to jeopardize anything or lose me. So, he dates and kisses girls that aren't even in our grade, they're older. It hurts, because I know that they dont know him like I know him. He tells me so many personal things, and he doesn't tell anyone BUT me. These girls...they like the "fake" him. I love the REAL him. He used me. He is legitimately forgetting me. (For example, if we are walking to some class, or from some class, he will see all of the older girls in the hallway and they exchange hugs and stuff. He totally forgets about me. He even says things like, "You were walking behind me?", as if he doesn't even know I'm there). It hurts because he is the only person I trust anymore..and now I can barely trust him. I just feel so worthless. Like it's okay for me to be used, I don't matter to anyone anyway. And the funny thing about this website is, is that you all SAY you care, but none of you actually know who you're talking to. You have no idea..

Having feelings for someone and not having them returned can be very difficult. Especially when you are spending time with that person as a friend watching them date others. Seems like you need to ask yourself some serious questions. Is being friends with him worth the heartache it causes you? Are you just staying around hoping he changes his mind about dating you? Are you holding out for something that isn't going to happen? Sometimes it can be more difficult to be friends with someone we have feelings for than to maintain that friendship that you're scared of losing. Whatever you decide to do in the end is your choice, but it is unlikely you'll get over your feelings for him or stop being hurt by him dating other girls. You can always try expressing your feelings to him about him treating you like you aren't there, but even if he recognizes and stops that behavior, that won't change the hurt you feel about him not returning your feelings.
    In regards to your last sentence, it is very possible to care about people you don't know. Have you ever watched a tragedy on TV on cared about the people involved? Or know of a friend of a friend of a friend that is going through a rough time and you empathize with them because you can imagine what they are going through. We do care and we are here to help if you need us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X