Rebounding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebounding

Okay, so my boyfriend of 2 months just dumped me a few days ago. I have really supportive friends, but there's one in particular. He and I have been friends for quite awhile and I always have portrayed him as my own brother. Anyways, he has been here for me and I think I've grown attached to him in more than a friendly way. It's very strange to me because I don't want to have these feelings for him, like I said, he's like my big brother. Maybe I'm feeling like this now because I was so used to having someone love and care for me, but now that just disappeared. This is what people call "rebounding"... I just want these feeling for my friend to go away. I'm very confused and would appreciate some advice. Thank you!

I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor for help. I am sorry that your boyfriend broke up with you and it will take some time to get over him. Please try to keep yourself busy but also give yourself time to get over him. It is okay to be sad about the relationship. It is quite normal to be upset, and to look for someone else to reach out to. That is what you might be feeling about your friend. You might be looking for someone else to reach out to. Maybe you need some time alone or with your girlfriends, especially if you think you have feelings for your "big brother" friend. Again, time is what you need at this point. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to 2ndfloor by message board, text or phone. We are here 24/7 @ 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X