How to let her know I like her

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to let her know I like her

I've had a crush on my friend for awhile now and I think she likes me back (I'm a girl too). We talk everyday and when we do she'll touch my arm or shoulder with her hand or her legs/feet are touching mine and I catch her staring at me every time we're in the same class together. I really like her but I'm kinda shy and awkward so I'm not sure if she's getting the vibe I like her too. What do I do next? I don't know if I have the courage to tell her "I like you" right to her face. I was hoping she'd say it to me but it hasn't happened yet. If I don't do something soon I fear she'll lose interest in me.

You're definitely not alone in this...it's hard to have a crush and be shy at the same time! You need to start somewhere though, right? Since being direct and telling her that you like her can be too hard to do for a first step, start a bit simpler. Maybe you can almost mimic the ways she flirts with you.... so whether that is having her catch you staring at her in class or when you are talking touch her arm/shoulder or legs/feet. If you get to the point of feeling a bit braver maybe you can tell her how pretty she is or compliment her in other ways. The hope will be that with these subtle hints she will initiate telling you first that she likes you. Otherwise, in time you may have to take the first step especially if you don't want to lose the chance. Try being more flirty first and see where that takes you! You can worry about the next step later if that doesn't seem to be working. If you would like to talk about this further you can give us a call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X