Homophobic Parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homophobic Parents

I have recently started dating a girl (keep in mind I am also a girl) and things were going pretty smoothly until her parents found out about us. He has made physical threats to her for being with me, and has left her very hurt. He tries everything he can to stop us from seeing each other and I'm not sure what I can do to help her. I want her to feel safe and comfortable in her own home, but I realize that may not be possible with a homophobic parent. I am just looking for some advice to make this all work better.

That sounds really tough. Safety is always first. I know this is not the easiest thought but maybe it is best that she either lies about dating you or you truly break up until she is old enough to move out and support herself or until maybe her parent comes around in time. It seems like for now (temporarily) this may be the only answer. The best thing you can do to help her is offer this idea and talk it out with her and come up with a plan. If you would like to chat about this further please give us a call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X