Should we break up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we break up?

My boyfriend of just about three weeks now is very clingy. I'm a very chill person when it comes to relationships but he keeps trying to rush things and he keeps saying I love you and when I say it back I know I'm lying. I feel like I was infatuated with him at first but that went away and now I feel almost nothing towards him. He also loves to kiss me, and kiss a lot. I want him to calm down with it and I pull away everytime. He also tried grabbinf my butt, but I got really uncomfortable and actually picked up his hand and placed it in his lap because I didn't appreciate it. But anyway, I'm just afraid its too soon to break uo with him. He is in the grade above me and is friends with some girls on the same sports team as me and I'm scared they will hate me. He was also in a relationship before ours and it lasted for at most 2 months before she completely dropped him and now I think that is a red flag...the fact that she dropped him so quickly like that. He also brings her up all the time and it's frustrating. Also, I feel kind of trapped because I wanna have fun this summer and in order to do that I really would like to not be tied down to a very clingy guy who says I love you too much...I just don't know if I'm beig nit picky or mean when I say these things.

It sounds like you know the answer yourself to what you should do and what you want to do with this relationship! If you are only in the relationship out of concern that girls will not like you then you are not in the right relationship. If you don't have true feelings for him then you should not be with him and that is absolutely okay! From what you wrote, it doesn't sound like you have a connection at all with your boyfriend so you just need to let him go and be true to your feelings. I also get why you would be concerned that he is saying I love you and getting very clingy so soon so maybe just make a pros and cons list for staying in this relationship so you can see it on paper, its more concrete. Ultimately you should not feel like you are trapped in a relationship, you don’t have to be so do what is best for you before you get deeper and deeper in a relationship your heart is not in. Remember that relationships can't be forced ...they happen with time and naturally! Just trust your instincts. If you would like to talk about this further please call us at the 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X