I'm stuck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck

Hello so I've been dating this girl for 9 months and in her past relationship she has been abused and hurt mentally and physically. And now she is scared of me hurting her and abusing her. I swear I would never hurt her I'm not like that. But she hits me all the time and thinks it's funny and when I get mad she throws an attitude. And if I try to play around and hit her back softly she says stop being like my ex and abusing me and forcing me. I don't know what to do. She hits me with wires, hangers, brushes, and if I poke her she thinks I'm hurting her. Please help me I have no idea how to handle this.

It sounds like your girlfriend needs counseling from the abuse that she has experienced in the past. She is mimicking the behavior that she knows which is to be aggressive towards someone when they are dating and this is not okay. You have every right to be upset with her when she hits you and you should have a serious talk with her about boundaries. What is acceptable and what is crossing the line. Again, she needs to get counseling to cope with her past trauma and if she is not willing to go then you need to weigh the pros and cons of staying in a relationship with someone who is not ready to have a healthy one. Here is a website called Love is Respect @ http://www.loveisrespect.org/ you should look it over and maybe even you can do it together. There are good resources on the link as well. This link is a resource in NJ for domestic violence victims & its by county @ www.state.nj.us/dcf/families/dfcp/index.html, she can look up a local office to see if she can get support. I hope this helps you and if you need to talk call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM at that number.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 06-02-2016, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X