Am I being used?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being used?

First off, hello and thank you for taking your time to read this and I think what you guys do is an amazingthing, so thank you! My boyfriend everytime I'm having a rough day (depressed) he seems to not care but when ever he is sad I'm always there to help him. He's always talking about sex or sexual activities and how he wants me to do it. How do I tell him that I'm not ready for it. Also, I feel like he's not interested anymore but he claims he is, so what should I do? I always feel bad bc of my depression and that he gets upset and I push him away( at least that's what he says) and that I feel like he doesn't want to deal with me. I've told him this and he gets mad and stops answering me.

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. We are happy to know that you like our services and want to help you as much as we can! There could be several reasons why your boyfriend is behaving the way that he is. He may not understand depression or understand how to really comfort someone. This is a conversation you may want to have with him. If he gets mad or stops answering, talk to him about this. Explain what you need from him when you are feeling the way that you do. If you aren't ready for sex then just be honest. You don't want to rush into anything that you aren't ready for. If you still aren't getting the support that you need or feel that he is using you then maybe take a step back. Look at the relationship. What does this relationship do for you...does it make you happy, do you feel supported, is it more stress, do you feel not understood? Asks these questions to yourself, because only you really know. Never apologize or feel bad/guilty about your depression. Depression is not something you choose to have. If you feel that it is becoming overwhelming, reach out for help! You can talk to your parents or someone at school about seeing a counselor. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X