concerned that my bff is dating a bad guy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerned that my bff is dating a bad guy

I have this one really good friend of mine and she is dating a guy 2 years older than her. we are both in 7th grade, and this guy is a freshman in high school. he's always telling her how much he loves her and how beautiful she is, but should I be worried? she's never been happier, but I don't want this guy taking advantage of her.
    PS- she has suffered from anorexia and many other self-esteem issues until earlier this year when I got her some help. so when an older guy calls her beautiful, she likes that. that's why she's dating him.

It's normal to be concerned for a friend when they are in a relationship it just shows how much you care about her. Have you tried talking to her about these concerns? Has he done anything to make you feel that he isn't being genuine or that he isn't a good guy? Sometimes we will have these concerns even if there isn't something wrong with the person, but just because we want what is best for our friend. It sounds like she has been through a lot, so if you feel that something is wrong try discussing it with her or at least voicing your concerns. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X