I just need to vent.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need to vent.

*I'm sorry this is so long I just found this site today and idk I need to vent*know what's going on and everything is so uncertain, especially

My boyfriend and I are both preparing to go to college. Neither of us between us. We're not the typical high school relationship. Despite the fact that he lives two hours away from me, we some how manage to have an incredibly stable relationship. I've been dating him for almost two years now and we both support and care for each other like two people who love each other should. I make trips almost every other weekend to go see him and I love him so much and I really care about him, but it's just becoming so exhausting because lately sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who puts effort into making this work. He doesn't exactly have the best home life so I know that I should be more understanding in that he can't really make the trip up to see me, but he never asks about when we can hang out and lately he just gets so busy that he'll forget to talk to me for practically a whole day. Our only issues ever really happen when we're away. When we're actually hanging out together in person everything is fine, we're as happy as we could possibly be and thats what gives me hope that this is going to work even through college. We're actually going to be even closer to each other come freshman year! I know theres that whole "high school relationships never last young love isn't real!" stigma that everyone seems to have, but I honestly do think I want to have a future with him... I'm just scared that our lives are going to end up going in different directions and I'm going to be stuck with so many "what if's" and thoughts of what could have been. the last thing i want is for him to be some kind of distant memory i can't get over. I just don't know what to do or how to feel about anything.

It definitely sounds like you two have the real thing, especially since you've made it work for 2 years with a distance between you!! You also don't have to doubt your feelings about him because there is a stigma about High School sweethearts, & its also okay to be nervous about the "what ifs" in life. There are going to be a lot of what ifs and you have to follow your instincts and heart with the decisions you feel strongly about. A connection is a connection at any age or any circumstance so don't belittle what the two of you have. Only time will tell what will happen but there is no one way to live your life so follow your dreams with college, relationships, jobs, friendships, etc. Now, if you are worried about what he might be feeling then talk to him. I hope this helps you and if you would like to talk about this further you can always give 2NDFLOOR a call at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Good Luck!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X