Please Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

I've been dating this guy on and off for about a year and a half now. I have liked him this entire time and he has broken up with me 4 times within this period. The 4th breakup happened just a few days ago. His reasoning was because "We can't see each other that often." Which makes no sense to me. The next day, he asked my best friend for risky pictures and told her that she has an amazing body. She told him that she would never send risky pictures and asked him, "What about your ex?" He then responded to her by saying "Eh she doesn't matter." The day after that, he went to a super bowl party which I could not attend. He was apparently flirting with a different friend of mine and her sister. Of course since I didn't attend the party, I did not witness this going on. Mentally, I denied that this was true and I needed to clear it out and resolve this. I texted him the next day (as we were still acting as friends) and I simply told him that I heard some rumors and I just wanted to know if they were true. He then cursed me out, making me feel absolutely terrible. I told him that I'm sorry and that I was just trying to resolve any possible conflict and that I was just a bit upset. I know that all he has done is terrible, but I am having a very hard time moving on. It seems nearly impossible. Please help me!

I am sorry you are feeling this way but your feelings are not unusual. This is a boy that you care about and dated for a year and a half, that is a long time. When breakups happen feelings get hurt and people feel upset. It could take a long time to get over a person. You said that the last breakup was only a few days ago. As hard as it seems you have to give yourself some time to get over him, knowing that's it is OK to be upset and cry. This is a process that everyone goes through. It sounds to me that you deserve someone better. Maybe make a list of all the good things that happened in your relationship with him and then list all the things that weren't so good. Sometimes looking at things in black and white can help. It sounds like you have some good friends too. Remember to reach out to them. If you are close to any family members, I am sure they will be there for you too. Please check out this website- www.loveisrespect.org. It discusses healthy relationships, it might be good for you to read some of it to see if you were in a healthy relationship or if you just need a new perspective. Please reach out to 2NDFLOOR 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or text daily any day between 4-8 PM. Good luck and just know you are not alone in this!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X