Mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom

When I like a guy I have this habit of always trying to impress him and I want to do everything perfect in conversation. I'm like paranoid that I messed a few things up and my mom is telling me that I did too. An example is that my boyfriends dad said that if he got good grades they would get him a car when I was talking to his dad and him. I feel bad bc I said that "I wish my parents would too" and my mom says that I shouldnt have said that bc it was too much comparison. I wasn't thinking much when I said it and my friends say stuff like this to me all the time. My friend was like I wish I went to a college in a big town like yours to me, but my mom is making it out like I messed up. Is this even a mistake in conversation?

No you didn't do anything wrong. I'm not sure why your mom is bothered by what you said, but maybe it's that she wishes she had the money to get you a car, just a thought! It was completely okay what you said to your boyfriend's dad, a lot of young people would have said the same thing so try not to overthink this too much. The other thing you wrote about is being perfect, no one is perfect and the thing that guys want the most is someone who has their own mind. Just be yourself and don't worry about impressing him, if he truly likes you he will like you and all your flaws. Hope this helped!! Call 2NDFLOOR anytime you want to talk, we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

It's All Good

I wouldn't worry about small mistakes in conversations too much I've messed up so many times I can't even remember but if you like a guy and they like you a few conversational mistakes won't destroy thier feelings for you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X