I feel like a jerk...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like a jerk...

This guy who I wasn't really interested in asked me on a date and I went along with it bc I hadn't been asked out since I was a freshman in high school and I'm now starting college, and I was honestly just hoping he would grow on me and wanted to keep an open mind. I went on another date with him and met his parents and everything and this occurred for like 2 weeks or so. We also hung out a few times while at school. And then over break another guy who I really liked asked me out and we have been hanging out and I actully really like the other guy. So about a week ago I talked to the first guy and told him how we didn't have much of a connection and how we should just be friends and we could still hang out and stuff and he mentioned something along the lines of "maybe if we stay friends we will end up liking each other" and i didn't want to be mean, but i kind of hinted that I wasn't sure if that would happen. And he still keeps texting me all the time like nothing has changed like a text once a day and before bed and in the morning and hey what's up like a lot, he keeps still wanting to hang out one on one and he asked and I feel like a jerk bc I said I was busy when j wasn't and I have kind of been blowing off his texts. Like I feel I should be answering but I'm not bc i just don't rly feel like talking to him or seeing him but I feel like I should out of politeness if that makes any sense? But then again I feel like if I answer he is going to try and keep "getting me to change my mind if we are friends long enough". Just don't rly feel like texting him like not to be mean he just can talk about things that gross me out sometimes, and I don't want to say that and Im not going to mention that to him. I don't rly think telling him would solve anything or is it a convo that I would want to have. I just feel mean for blowing him off and wish I had been more patient for someone I really like to come along Instewd of leading on a guy I was never really that into. Should I respond to him and hang out one on one with him even though I dont really want to out of politeness sake? And is it jerky if I dont?

You are not a jerk. If you are not into someone then it is only right to tell them that. You did good by telling him that you think you guys should step back from dating so it is okay if you don't respond to every single text if he is texting non stop. Maybe give it another 2 weeks and if he is still texting constantly then have another talk with him about just being only friends and nothing more. Tell him you need time for yourself and don't want to text all the time so can he respect that. You can also mention that you are starting to talk to another person and you don't think that it would be fair to him to talk to him all the time. Ultimately, you have to do what you feel comfortable with so think about it. Hope this helped and if you want to talk ever call 2NDFLOOR a 888-222-2228 or text daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X